Fayad, who was born in Bogota in 1945, said he never thought he would write a book about Lebanese emigration to the Americas, and especially to Colombia, but eventually explored that topic in “La caida de los puntos cardinales” (The Fall of the Cardinal Points). “And why? Any Colombian could’ve written it, and I wrote it because I had direct exposure to the stories of my grandparents, of my great-uncles, who were the ones who made the trip.
- 8 Arabic novels in Banipal magazine
- Salam Sarhan : Calling for an international treaty to ban the use of religion in politics
- Habib Abdulrab Sarori : The Discarded Computer
- Sally Gomaa reviews Embrace on Brooklyn Bridge by Ezzedine Choukri Fishere
- Sheikh Hamad Award for Translation and International Understanding 2017